Saturday, March 31, 2012

Coming a long way

When I feel discouraged I like to remind myself of how far I've come with my training. When I first stared road cycling I had a hard time moving into the big ring at the front and when I could, it was only for short periods of time. Now I can spin in it for more than an hour at a time and I am working my way through the gears at the back. It isn't always easy but it can be done.

I remember having difficulty getting through an hour on the bike when the limiter was physical. Now it seems that it can be the mental. It does help to have a plan when riding, or at the very least, some company. I push myself the hardest when I am leading a group class because I don't want them to think that I can dish it and not take it.

I used to not have the strength to stand on the trainer, and now I think I have run out of gear options. I never thought that I would ever say that.

I can tell that I am getting stronger. I really hope it pays off on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment