Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First run

I have such amazing revelations when I am out running but I can never seem to recall anything when it comes down to writing an entry.

I went for the first outdoor run from the house since we moved (the one in Canmore at the end of February doesn't count). I know I have run the same streets before but tonight it felt different because now I was running through my neighbourhood. I was seeing everything in a different light. I will admit that I like to snoop through people's windows and see what they're up to and compare their house to mine (mine is better xoxo).

Because of circumstances I started out running on the treadmill before moving outside. The effort outside felt the same as on the treadmill but was :16/km faster. And I did feel like I could keep running. I didn't have music or my garmin. I ran by feel and listened to the sounds. It was a very relaxing run.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing that a)you ran outside, and b) you had a relaxing run

    (of course your house is better xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love snooping in people's windows. If I could get away with pressing my face on the glass, I would.

    ReplyDelete