Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cupping

Today I had my first massage in years. I have a lot of tension in my upper back and I needed it gone. Rolling it out on a tennis ball just wasn't working for me. Igot a massage and some cupping done. It was my first experience with it. It felt odd, and a bit painful in some places but bearable. My back looks like I got into a fight with an octopus!

I didn't have a good sleep last night. Too many hours spent awake listening to a not sleeping baby. I had a nap this afternoon which wasn't long enough. I didn't want to get up and teach, but I did. The spin class was hard for me, but luckily I had a good mix of music today and an awesome workout planned and made it through. For the next few months I am going to have to teach my class then do another 15 or 20 minutes on my own to get the time up.

I made the promise early on that I wasn't going to make excuses and I still won't.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the cupping! It is just for back stuff? My RMT is on mat leave and recommended I see another therapist in her practice who does cupping as well as massage. It's more $$, and I'll be honest - sounds a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is used to pull and stretch the fascia. I had them on my back and legs and then on the front of my shoulders.

    It's not scary, but the bruises I have look odd. It was a bit uncomfortable. My back is sore today, but its from both.

    ReplyDelete