Friday, March 23, 2012

Eureka!

I have made some discoveries this week.

Spinning before swimming is no longer how I am going to do things. I didn't spin first yesterday and I had an amazing swim. The main set was 20 x 100m at about a 750m TT pace. I managed between 2:07 and 2:14 for them. The majority of the slower ones were the last 3 since I was getting tired but I had time to finish the set so I did. I kept my stroke as even as I could and I tried to do the same with my breathing.

I need a plan when it comes to an at home spin workout. I know I can work hard, I do it with the group, but I have a tendency to chat on the phone or play games when I am by myself. I am letting myself spin too much in too easy of a gear. I know there is a place for that, but I want to be strong on the bike and I can't always piss around.

I have pinpointed one of the reasons why I have tension in my shoulders and it isn't related to swimming. I am prevented from pursuing (IMO) the appropriate couse of action and that is frustrating me.

No comments:

Post a Comment