Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spinning like I mean it

I had a tough but good spin today. I focused on higher cadence stuff. Basically simulating riding the 40km part of an Olympic triathlon. I know I am getting stronger and I am excited to get out on the road.

That being said I got the "go ahead" to buy a triathlon bike. I sent hubby a picture of me standing beside one with a sad face. He later asked me if I needed one. I know that I don't need one, but I do see myself doing triathlon for a very long time, and I think it would be comfortable. I have been doing a little bit of shopping and hoping to get the best bike I can for the money that I can spend.

I know it isn't going to make me a better triathlete and I know that I can finish any distance with the bike I do have. Can I justify it as a need? Absolutely not. It is a want. But doing Ironman is a want. I don't need to to this. I want to. Will it make me happier to have it? No. Maybe? I am not unhappy without it. Will it make me faster? Ah...now that's a question. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment