Sunday, March 18, 2012

Solid!

First week of training done and it adds up as follows:

Monday-rest Rest
Tuesday- bike (intervals, hills, etc) 45:00 done
Wednesday-long run 1:15 (11.3km pushing the stroller)
Thursday-swim and bike 2250m assorted (54:00), 1:00 on trainer
Friday- brick 45:00 bike, 10:00 run
Saturday-long bike 2:00 on trainer
Sunday swim and easy run 1600m assorted drills, 40:00 progression run

Swim 3850m (1:45)
Bike 4:30
Run 2:04 (19.8km)

Saturday's long spin was a "grind" of sorts. I had one ear to the music and the other to the fuzzies who were playing. Junior napped for the first 1:15 of it too. I missed having a group (or at least someone to talk to who wasn't fighting with a sibling) so that's what made it drag.

Sunday I did a swim that was mostly drills to work on my pull and position. I even did kick drills that I hate so much.

The run was great. I did a 10 minute warm-up and then increased the speed about :20/km every 10 minutes. 35 minutes total then a cool down. I have been running the long runs faster than I thought I would, so the natural pregression is to run faster with the other runs. I don't want to get caught up in one pace. I know that I won't be in a position to "race" the run of Ironman, but I do have my sights set on a half marathon PB at the very least, so I want to keep upping my speed.

Overall, I am very happy with the first week. I didn't miss a workout and I felt like I had energy. There were a couple of workouts that were tough to start but I always did and was happy with the result.

Now the best part? I have rest until 5:20pm Tuesday! Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to come spin on Saturdays to give you someone to talk to :) When I don't have the plague...

    ReplyDelete