Sunday, March 4, 2012

Perspective

There are things bigger in life than Ironman training, or even exercise in general. I am always grateful for my family, even though there are times when I am too tired to speak properly, or to frustrated to communicate effectively. I know they love me for me and really don't care what the outcome is.

That being said, I did drag my tired body to the pool for my scheduled swim. I added in a bonus run as some friends of mine raced a half marathon and killed it. I was inspired to run fast.

The swim was tough. I was telling hubby that the effort on my fast sprints was not reflected in the time. He said they can't all be good workouts and he is right. He gets the high five of the day. After breakfast I was all dozy on the chair and said that I was going to go swimming after supper: the pool would be less crowded and hopefully I would feel more awake. He strongly suggested I get up and go right now since I wouldn't want to go after supper. He's right. I am glad that I don't have to head over now. I can relax and maybe get into bed early.

This week's summery:
swim - 1:30 (3400m)
bike - 2:50
run - 2:25 (23.7km)

So almost 7h in total when added up. I am looking forward to having my treadmill up and running (ha!). I also need to figure out what I am going to do around spring break...

No comments:

Post a Comment