Friday, March 2, 2012

Morning workout envy?

Something I never thought I would actually say, but I do have a small part of me that wishes I were able to do the early morning workouts. With hubby's work schedule it doesn't work, unless I wanted my morning to start at 3am (and no pool that I know of is open then). Jr doesn't sleep well enough so there is no guarantee that at 6 or 7am he will be sleeping.

I like the idea of being able to exercise while the family is sleeping and then it doesn't take any time away from them. My current option is to put them in childcare while I do a workout. I am not opposed to that as they like it there and get to play with kids their own age a bit more.

Also as the day progresses my enthusiasm decreases, so I like the idea of getting it out of the way.

2 comments:

  1. I am really hoping I can figure out a way to work out in the morning when I'm back at work - but like your little guy, C is often up at 6, so pre-wake up means VERY early! pre-kids I was always a morning workout person - it just makes me feel so much better during my day, and by the time I get home from work, i know i'll be tired.

    hopefully i will figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you stumble upon any secrets and I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete