Thursday, March 29, 2012

Afraid of the goose egg

I an driven by the numbers to a point. I have learned that pushing my body too far in order to check off a specific distance ran (or the like) is a poor strategy in the long run. I like checking things off in my training plan. I didn't want to miss a workout this early on. I know if there is a time to miss a workout, the early weeks are it, but I just don't like doing it.

Today I did my long spin in the morning and then the swim late at night. Like 930pm late. I was dreading the short walk to the pool and at one point was hoping that maybe someone would have soiled the pool and it wouldn't be good for swimming. Ah, luck was not on my side.

I told myself that if I was too tired that I could bail and at least I tried. I also told myself to suck it up. I got in the pool and managed 1000m, and only the last 100m were challenging for my stroke. I was swimming relaxed and smooth and without regret.

So no goose egg after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment