Friday, March 23, 2018

Will I ever not be tired?

One thing I have felt with RA is always a low grade fatigue. It isn't to the point where I feel like I can't drag myself out of bed, but at about mid afternoon I always feel like I could use a nap. This happens even on days where I wake up feeling rested. Those days don't happen terribly often.

The Hanson's program builds on cumulative fatigue and in the program I am following one day is rest or cross train. For me that's the Wednesdays where I don't actually run but I still teach 2 spin classes, and soon to be a third in the morning. I think I need to take an actual day off of all activity, including teaching and rest my body.
Intervals done outside
 I staarted the week with an easy 9km treadmill run because that's all I had time for. The plan called for 9.6 but that's close enough. I also slowed it down from 6:30/km to 6:40.
 
Tuesday the weather was Colleen friendly so I took my interval runs outside. I ran around our local lake which is about a mile around and that was perfect for 4 x 1200m w/400m recovery. I actually shorted myself some recovery as the plan says 600m recovery. Whoops. However, I was able to run them all consistently, getting a couple of seconds faster every time, and also running them at a faster lace than the previous two interval workouts.What??? I guess being outside and having a finish line works for me, as well as slowing down the easy run. At the time they felt hard, and the last half of the last one I could start feeling my whole body getting tired, but I completed it without slowing down. Yay me!

Post race pace run high five
I find wind to be hard on my body so I took this week's race pace run to the treadmill. The plan was 4 miles but I took it up to 7km. Next week it is 8km on the schedule and I wanted a gradual increase. I am looking forward to challenging myself outside with this. I just didn't want to battle the wind. It's not race day. I am mentally strong on race day.
Look! My eyeball
I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday for my biannual check up. Did you know RA can affect vision? Spoiler: it can fuck up everything!! Don't worry, everything is good with my eyes so far, and she says that I take excellent pictures, which you can see here.
did you also know I suck at blog formatting?







No comments:

Post a Comment