Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 8 summary


I finished this week with a 16km long run on Saturday and a 9km easy run on Sunday, both outside, and the first time outside in our winter here for 2 months. It was sunny and this fair weather runner gave it a thumbs up!

It is much harder to run outside in non ideal weather conditions than on my treadmill, but I did like going somewhere. I was overdressed on Saturday and sweat a lot, and my thighs ended up cramping the last couple of km which brought my overall pace down.

But looking at the past few weeks the consistency has been there, even the last 2 weeks at the same overall distance and being 6 seconds apart. I couldn't have even tried to plan that precision.

This training is making me feel tired though. With school etc I feel like I have a lot to balance and even though I just came back from a me trip less than a month ago, I am already looking forward to the next one in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment