Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Tuesday intervals

I do love running fast and I do llove when fast training pays off in the end. I am getting a bit tired of the treadmill for speed though, because I like running towards something rather than follwing a cursor around the track.

I realize now I should have been listing what the plan says vs what I actually did.so today:

HHM: 1.5 mile warm up, 6 x 800m (5-10k pace) w/ 400m rec, 1.5 mile cool down 12 km total
Modificaton: 1.5 mile warm up, 6 x 800m (ave 5:13/km) w/400m rec, 1 mile cool down 11km total

Slightly shorter because like ever speed session I just want the workout done and I'm usually tired, so the cool down gets cut. Also, I wore new shoes yesterday and I think there is too much cushioning in them and my feet really started to hurt the last 15 minutes or so.

The post workout glow of actually surviving!

Being all bendy.
I had some thoughts about the plan as a whole that I posted on an online journal:

I trust the training and I really want to give it my best shot. I fully think I am capable of a sub 2 half. I look at my training the last time I achieved it, and I thought I trained hard for it but this is much harder. I know I have to stay ahead of the fatigue and the possible extra inflammation I may be afflicting on my body. For example, I did 4 x 1.6km as my toughest interval workout last time and my weekly mileage the last 6 weeks was in the 45-55km range. I'm sure that is enough. I don't think I need to run 6 x 1.6km and 2 x 4.8km in addition to a 6-10km tempo in the same week. I'm already in that 45-55km range.

But that devil on my shoulder wants me to follow the plan....

The angel knows I need to have a hard look at it and do the modifications to it now, so when it pops up on my calendar it's already done, in stone, and "officially" the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment