Friday, March 9, 2018

Tempo Thursday

HHM: 1.5 mile warm up, 4 miles @half pace, 1.5 miles cool down, 11.2km total
Me: 2 km warm up, 6km half pace, 1 km cooldown 9km total

I had a great run today for a number of reasons, or maybe none of the following:

1. A great night's sleep. I logged over 8 hours of snoozing!

2. I huge supper. I had a big plateful of gluten free pasta and half a chicken breast.

3. I started my run about 9am, which is hours earlier than the afternoon runs I have been doing. I find my brain is sharpest in the morning, so I need to do school work then while I can still think clearly.

4. I slowed down. My previous race pace runs have been about 5:32/km. I slowed this to a 5:38. The five seconds don't seem like a lot on paper, but they really helped. Also 5:38/km is closer to what a true 2 hour half pace is, 5:41. I don't need to try to train for the faster result. 

This morning my feet do feel tender. I have the plan to call the doctor that did the cortisone injections in my feet to see if she will do them for me. I don't want to have to go through my rheum.

No comments:

Post a Comment