Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 9 summary

I know I am terrible at updating this blog. Not very inspirational I know. Oh well.

Another successful week of training done. Here is the comparison, but I have moved the Hanson's plan workouts to the same day where I did something similar.

Monday 5 x 1km intervals
I only did 4 of these as I was feeling tired. I was actually able to jog the in betweens. I know I didn't have another one in me so I quick while I was still slightly behind. I also teach a group fitness class in the morning and I find my legs are really tired from it.

Tuesday easy 5 miles
I also cut this one a bit short as my legs were still tired. I completed 6km instead of the 8. I also taught an extra class today so that was a bonus half hour cycle and 45 minutes on my feet.

Wednesday rest or cross train
Teaching 2 cycle classes and 2 training sessions adds up to a successful cross training day.

Thursday 4 miles goal pace
I was able to do this to completion, actually going slightly farther. Ok, 0.1km but it was still farther. I kept it closer to the 1:59 goal pace instead of the slightly faster which I found tiring a few weeks ago. I think this is starting to click

Friday easy 5 miles
Cut this short because I taught a bootcamp class this morning and honestly didn't have 2 more miles in me. 5km done.

Saturday 10 mile long run
Toughed this one out on the treadmill because we were getting a ton of snow and I didn't feel like trudging outside. Also, I had 5 pit stops in the first half so it was nice to have a bathroom 10 steps away. I did a run 9 walk 1 style to make sure that I drank enough fluid. Last week I had a hard time towards the end and maybe that was because of an electrolyte imbalance or dehydration. I ended up drinking 400mL NUUN during this run and felt good. I also ran the segments faster in the second half, but still kept it in the long run pace range.

Sunday easy 6 miles
I slowed this one down a bit and trudged through it.

Total mileage this week was 57km. A new high for me.

There is a lot of motivation out there: people saying that you should get your workouts done as written. And I agree with that. If ou want to achieve your goal, you need to do the work. Even thought I cut about 5 miles from the schedule this week, I still think I am doing ok with the volume of activity I do in other things. Ideally when people are run training according to this plan all you are supposed to do is run. If I were able to do that I would.

I don't know how much the running is exacerbating this, but the Morton's Neuroma I get on my left foot is returning and I am starting to feel it when I run. My orthotics feel off and the top of my foot feels hot. I have made an appointment to see my doctor to start the ball rolling to get a cortisone injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment