Wednesday, March 28, 2018

It is time

This is our cat Rogue. She is very personable. She likes to be where her people are and when they aren't home she likes to be near something that reminds her of them. I found her yesterday sleeping with her head on my running shoes. when I am home she is always close. In fact as I type this she is sleeping right beside me.

What is is time for? It is time to modify my training plan more. While I have been loving the increase in mileage and the milestones that I have achieved I don't think that keeping up that intensity is best for my body.
For example, yesterday's strength intervals was the following: 1.5 mile warm up, 6 x 1600m with 400m recovery, 1.5 mile cool down. Instead I did 2km warn up, 4 x 1600m with 400m recovery, 2 km cool down. So it was a but shorter than scheduled. but more manageable.

Today is a rest day from running. I still will teach 2 spin classes and do some strength.

I have some soft tissue in my feet that swell and I have received cortisone injections for them in the past. They are in between my third and fourth toes on both feet and my feet feel squishy when I walk. I don't know if it has been the increase of running or poor shoe quality but they have started forming again. I went to my GP to see if he could expedite the process for injections and he did! I have appointments for the end of the month; I don't have to wait for the rheumatologist to arrange them. My GP is absolutely amazing. I had to wait over 45 minutes past my appointment time to see him but I don't mind because of how thorough he is with me, and I assume is with all of his patients. I always leave with my questions answered and I am never feeling rushed to as him. I am very grateful for his care.

No comments:

Post a Comment