Saturday, April 28, 2012

They can't all be good

 That was the theme for both of today's workouts. My swim was a tough slog and on my "fast" sets I couldn't do it so I focussed on technique and just got the distance in. My run was an "incomplete". I couldn't get my breath and I had to cut it short. I am certain that it was residual fatigue from yesterdays 3 hour spin.

I'm not sure how well the balance thing is working out. This morning I was very sleep deprived and quite surly. I put Peanut in front of the computer to play Angry Birds so I could get some more sleep. This is a wake up call (ha!) for me. There is something off about this schedule. This is week 7, next week is a cut back week and the end of the base phase. The next 8 week macrocycle is build and I need to be fresh and rested if I am going to handle the long runs and rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment