Saturday, April 14, 2012

Nutrition pass!

I used gatorage on my workout today and it helped. I also remembered to eat enough today. Yay me!

I split up my workout to 3 20 min bike/10 min runs and it was a fantastic way to do it. Great for the mental because I only was thinking 10 or 20 minutes at a time. The bike was easy because I did a long one 2 days ago and I have a tough 90 minute workout tomorrow so I wanted the legs to be "fresh" but I tried to work a bit harder on the run. Each 10 minutes segmant was faster and farther than the one before. The first one I increased speed every 2 minutes, the second every 90 seconds and the third every minute. It really gave me confidence in my running speed.

The unfortunate thing about running by time instead of distance is that when it seems like your children are about to kill each other in the playroom, running faster doesn't end the workout sooner. And I was running too hard to give an effective stern voice. Why is it children choose to be at their worst when you are occupied?

No comments:

Post a Comment