Saturday, May 19, 2012

More than just the race...

A friend of mine DNFed her A race for the year. Naturally she is sad and disappointed. I am not going to comment on her feelings, but on something a friend said to her. She was told that she is soooo much more than the race. This is true. My friend is loving and caring, a determined athlete who rarely complains about her life or what is on her training shedule, a friend who can help pick you up when you are down, and speaks the truth.

The list of things that I admire about her is as long as my arm and it breaks my heart that this is was the result of today.

So yes, she is more than this race.

It is a good check for me too. I am more than what the result of Ironman will be. It does not change who I am. It may enhance some positive and/or negative qualities about me but it doesn't define me. It will be what it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment