Thursday, May 31, 2012

I hab a code

Thus begins my struggle. My nose is dripping. My body is tired. Do I cut back time and intensity or do I still go ahead?

I was talking with a friend and she isn't feeling well but is still pushing through. I was the pot calling the kettle black when I asked why she didn't let up. She said she has a race in three weeks and feels a bit unprepared. I can understand that. Even though my race is 12 weeks away, I wonder about it too.

I'm tired more often than not. When Junior sleeps past 6 (or isn't rowdy until then) I feel like it is a small victory.    I do my best I guess.

I have found that decreasing the number of weekly workouts, but increasing the length of some of them, has been the right thing to do. For example, it is nice to know that I only have to swim today instead of also trying to fit a bike workout this afternoon. It gives me more time with the family and time to get other things done.
I do feel more "rested" this way and a whole lot happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment