Friday, May 25, 2012

Half assed

Yeah, I'm whiny today. I was up more times than I can count (if I can only count to 5) with the older fuzzies last night, coupled with Junior's early wakeup and I was dog tired tostart my day. I spent the day with Peanut's class on a field trip and it was the most amazing day. I love watching him interact with his class mates. I learned that one has a crush on him. Awwww.

I spent time with all the fuzzies when I got home and made supper. I grew more tired as the night progressed and I was looking for any excuse to skip tonight's workout. We did our regular nighttime routine of teeth brushing and stories and once Junior went to bed we went downstairs for a little bit of TV time. I half assed half my workout while the kids enjoyed a favourite program. I was texting a friend, telling her that my heart wasn't in it. She said that sometimes it isn't, but you still have to get done what you can. She also gave me permission to be flexible. I didn't want to be on the bike at almost 10pm so half a workout it was.

Also, I guess letting the kids watch TV before bed is half assed parenting. Half a gold star for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment