Sunday, May 20, 2012

First race of the year!

I ran today's half marathon in a smidge under 2:06. A solid effort marred by several trips to the toilets during the race. I got so effiicient at it that I only ended up losing 30 seconds on a few. I was on track to make my sub 2 goal until kilometer 15 when I ended up using the toilet, running away and then 30s needed to go back. At that point things transferred to survival mode. I just wanted to get the race done. Some kilometers were run at the goal pace and others were run slightly bent over. It was tough, but so am I, so I got it done.

The positives are abundant: I still was only a few minutes off my best time, and I didn't specifically train for this race. I discovered that gel blasts are not running friendly when I am pushing the pace.

I was also treated to a night in a hotel so I could relax and have some time to myself and not have to wake up and drive at 530 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment