Thursday, February 2, 2012

What do you do when you're doing a boring workout?

I was spinning this morning and watching the group fitness class below. Here is what I discovered:

-66 participants: 62 female, 4 male
-26 participants wore a lululemon tank
-16 participants wore shorts, 8 wore pants, the rest wore capris. All bottoms were black
-4 participants wore a hat
-9 wore too much make-up
-21 participants used the 5lb dumbbells. 19 of them were in the back half of the class

I also discovered that without a plan I find spinning boring. Tomorrow I have 1:30 on the schedule and I am going to have to come up with something.

Swim today was 1900m and I finished the whole workout. We did 3 x 100m descents and my times were 2:15, 2:12 then 2:02. We also had to do some hard pulls and were my arms ever tired at the end. Apparently I am reaching too much from the shoulder joint instead of reaching with a body roll. Something else to work on.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! Sounds like you entertained yourself well during an otherwise monotonous spin!

    ReplyDelete