Friday, February 10, 2012

Energy debt

I took an unscheduled rest day today. I have been feeling tired and not feeling like myself. The latter is usually an indication that I need more rest or more to eat. I have been meaning to track what I am eating but I haven't started yet. I am sticking to mainly healthy choices. Sleep can be out of my control. I can go to bed at an early hour, but if the kids are unsettled then we are too. The past two nights I have gotten about 5 hours of good sleep between them.

Swim yesterday went well. 1800m total and I am happy that I can finish the whole workout in the class. I have been paying attention to the rest breaks and not taking more than what is suggested. I do find I get tired in the workout but it's a good tired. I did an hour on the spin bike first, just to get the saddle time in. Nothing challenging in terms of power or gear, but trying to maintain 90rpm.

I do know that I will have to make some scheduling changes once my parents are able to resume sleepover night with the kids. I can't have the workouts get longer and harder as the week progresses. I need to divide them better. I do have to work around teaching spin Tuesday evenings and coached swim group Thursday mornings.

So far I am enjoying the journey and I am glad that I am keeping up for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment