Thursday, February 16, 2012

Little fish in a big pond

I moved up a lane today. Mainly because there were 4 people in the lane that I have been swimming in, and I moved to a lane with only 2 people in it. It was a good move for me. One of the other swimmers was quite fast and the other swimmer was a bit slower than me. I would always catch up to her at the end of a 50, no matter how much lead I gave her. Swimming with faster people really forced me to work harder as I didn't want to get dropped. I also was reminded of the power of the draft.

My back, shoulders and core are always sore after a swim. I am really concentrating on being powerful through my stroke, and not over rotating, and not crossing over my body, and swimming with a strong pull, and.... you get the idea.

Training has been easy this week. I took a much needed rest day yesterday as there has been so much to do in preparation for the move, and there have been a few nights where sleep has been a bit short. Not an excuse, per se, but I do need to do what's best for my body (and I hate listening to my body) and be able to get through the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment