Monday, January 16, 2012

Where to begin....

I am a mother of three and my children are a big part of my life. I am an IMC 2005 finisher and I have always known it wouldn't be the only one I would do. My lifetime goal is to do one in every age group. This year I am in the 35-39 age group and it is the 30th anniversary of the race so it fits! Well, on paper it does. Whether or not it fits into actual life will be determined and is the point of this blog.

This will be a training journal of sorts. Hopefully the whining and excuses will be at a minimum (it really is a pet peeve of mine) but with three kids 5 and under there is bound to be some. I'm not supermom and I don't have boundless energy. I am just going to do the best that I can every day.

Right now the goal is to find balance. I just finished the first week of "pre-training" where I did two workouts of each discipline. I want to continue that pattern. Right now when the workouts are short it looks like it will work. My work and life schedule for the next couple of months make it easy to find the places to fit the workouts in. The formal training plan starts 24 weeks out, on March 12.

It will be quality over quantity. I don't want the training to take more time away from my family than it has to, but I know there are some long workouts ahead of me. Probably some early mornings and late nights at the pool or on the treadmill as well. Such will be life. See? No whining and complaining.

1 comment:

  1. testing out the comment box. not too shabby! interesting goal to do one in each age group - i like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete