Thursday, January 26, 2012

Double your pleasure!

Today was my first double day of training. Initially I was going to spin before my swim class, but a daughter who wanted me to lay with her last night took a big chunk of sleep away from me. It isn't often that my kids want to cuddle so I take what I can get. Everyone was short on sleep and Jake was the first to wake up at 8:10 and he needed to be at school in 20 minutes because he was leaving on a field trip. Luckily today is the day that my MIL takes him to school so there wasn't the rush to get everyone out the door. I made the decision to have a relaxing coffee and spin later in the evening.

I had a great swim! It was my longest distance since GWN 2009, a total of 2150m. A lot of it was pull but I did every stroke. I am working hard on my form and keeping that arm bent during the pull. I also discovered that my "fast" pace is only slightly faster than my "1500m pace" pace but feels about 10 times harder, so something not good is happening with my stroke.

I teach 2 classes Thursday night (thanks to one of my SIL who looks after the kids) and it worked out that I could spin after. I managed a half hour at an easy tension and held 90 rpm for most of it.

So my first double day is done.

And I got a notification that there is space for Cait in one of the preschool programs Wednesday morning. So starting next week Jake and Cait will be in school and Justin and I can run the track together. Excellent!

Also. I have seven followers yet only two comments. And I've heard there are lurkers out there too. Hmmmm......

3 comments:

  1. Commenting!!! (i read in my google reader, so I need to come over to the blog to actually comment)

    What's your weekly schedule looking like? Here I am, trying to balance one sport and one kid, and you've got three sports and three kids. how do you do it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!

    Right now I am trying two workouts of each discipline. Some of the balance is easy because I have the treadmill at home and the kids play in the basement while I run. I teach spin 1-2 times a week so the workout is build right in. I am struggling with that second swim. The one week that I did it I was tired from waiting until the end of the day to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming is just so much harder to fit into the week, isn't it? A one hour swim takes at least two hours!

    ReplyDelete