Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just keep spinning

I was very lucky to be asked to lead some of the Saturday classes for the Edmonton Triathlon Club. They are a great group of people who like to work hard and are an enthusiastic bunch. I was honoured to be asked. I am also appreciated there. The give an enthusiastic round of applause after the class and I usually have no less than 5 people compliment me after. That is no nice to hear.

When I first started triathlon and riding my bike I would have difficulty riding in the big chain ring for more than about 10 minutes at a time and never for more than a third of a long ride. The first ever Olympic distance triathlon I did I think I rode it all in the middle ring. Over time I have made an effort to use the big ring and have been impressed that I am able to hold it longer and longer. I am now able to do the majority of my strength sets in it and I am working towards the outer part of my back ring. One of my goals for Ironman is to do most of the ride in the big front ring.

Today's class (1:35)was a combination of low cadence high gear climbs and medium gear high cadence intervals. The big ring was not happening for the sprints but hopefully it will. I was also getting a kick out of one of the women in the front row who was gear matching me. I will keep my eye on her.


1 comment:

  1. You are a great spin instructor and we are lucky to have you! Great workout today!

    ReplyDelete