Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I love that I am able to work and train at the same time. I lead a 45min spin class Tuesday nights and I am thrilled that they are a hard working group, even though there are all sorts of levels of fitness. Everyone works to the best of their ability and I could not ask for anything more.

I am sitting in front of my training log trying to come up with a balance for this week and next. I am glad that this is only pre-base and if I miss a workout it isn't the end of the world. I am working on consistency.

I was laying down yesterday and thinking about Ironman and my stomach was jumping. I remember the first time I did it. I was staying with my SIL's family outside Penticton and every time we drove into town I could feel the anxiety building. Last year I had the same feeling knowing I was there to register for the race.

It's a good feeling because I know it isn't something that is easy, and this reminds me that I need to work hard to make it happen. I want the finish. I want the cheers at the end of the race. I want to feel proud of the accomplishment. That motivated me the first time. It will motivate me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment