Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trying to be hip

I have joined a tri swim group to help with my stroke. It has been a long time since I have been part of a coached group and I think it is going to make a difference. I have already been given tips to try. I also look forward to the workout.

The good thing is that I have a good body position and body roll. I need to work on the last half of my stroke. Once I made some corrections I could tell the difference and I did feel more powerful, although I was getting tired. One thing I was told was to try to pull the water past my hip as I have a tendency to come out of the water early. I am hoping that eventually I will consistently swim 100m faster than 2 minutes.

My endurance for a continuous swim isn't there yet. My goal for my second swim of the week will be to build that but still incorporate the tips I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment