Monday, July 2, 2012

Half Ironman Success!

Yesterday I raced a not so little local half Ironman. Long story short, the day was rainy and cold, and I finally achieved my goal of a sub-7 hour finish by finishing in 6:16. Aside from having a panic in the swim, the day went my way. I worked hard, stayed focussed and smiled the whole way. I am pleased with my result.

That is a bit of an understatement. I knocked my socks off. It has been a while since I have set a goal for a race and achieved it. If there is only one more PB I am to get this year, I am hoping it will be at Ironman.

Lately I have been concerned that my training isn't enough for the Ironman that I want. Luckily, I still have 6 weeks to fill in the gaps that I need to:

 - finish a 7+ hour ride
- have at least two others that are 6 hours
- run 2.5 hours at least twice
- swim 90 minutes continuous at least twice

Really, it isn't too bad but there is a bit more build up that I have to do in order to get there. Carefull planning is what it will take. There is still a lot of family time and fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment