Thursday, June 28, 2012

Emotional

A friend of mine completed an Ironman on the weekend and I am so happy for her. She wrote an amazing account of her race. Having experienced it before it brought a lot of memories and emotions of my first Ironman, from the apprehension I had at the start of the swim to the elation of crossing the finish line.

I'm looking forward to (hopefully) experiencing it all again.

I'm having a difficult time putting into words how I am feeling. I'm hoping that everything that I am doing, and that I will do will be enough to get there. I hope all the sacrificing will be worth it.

I want to have a good race this weekend. I want to race my hardest and do my best. I'm starting to get really nervous. This race is 8 weeks away from the big one and I am already feeling the knots in my stomach.

1 comment:

  1. It will all be worth it for you to have that experience again!

    ReplyDelete