Monday, July 30, 2012

Through the eyes of a six year old

I had the rare opportunity to spend some quality time with my six year old. We went to Capital Ex (here on refered to as the carnival) just him and I. We took the train to get there and he loved it. We rode rides and had junk food. It was the best $85 I have spent in a very long time.

I was encouraging him to go on some of the rides alone and he said to me "I like them better with you mom". Made my heart melt.

There are days that my littles do nothing but fight tease and cry and sometimes it is hard to remember the little sweethearts that are inside when they are pushing my buttons and grating on my last nerve. Oh sure when they are tucked into bed asleep they are angels, but it is nice to see evidence when they are awake.

My training has taken so much time away from my family and I am glad that I was able to get some back. Too bad there isn't a carnival every month.

1 comment: