Thursday, January 25, 2018

Trust the process, but....

The Hanson half marathon plan calls for 24km in 5 runs in the second week. What I have planned is 31km in 5 runs. I am following the paces that the plan suggests for me but I have increased the mileage a bit. That is because I know that my body needs time to adapt to training in order to be effective. The mileage increases at the beginning of the plan are too steep for me to do safely. Next week the total is 33.6km in 5 runs and I have 38km planned in 6. I have the extra run because eventually the Hanson plan increases to 6 runs and I need to get there safely.

I have faith in the plan that it will work for me as best as it can, given my limitations. I am excited about it. I don't want to dismiss this plan and say it doesn't work for me without giving it a fair try. So far it is manageable, but it is early and no real speed or distance have started yet!

I also have my client consultations planned within the next week for mt personal fitness trainer practical, so I am excited about that.

I have also entered the lottery for the Seawheeze half marathon. The draw is tomorrow. I am hopeful that my name is selected for entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment