Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hanson's half marathon week 1

It's official! I am half marathon training. I am excited to be doing this again. I am not going to explain what the training program is all about, because that information can be found through any search engine. But I will summarize what I have done and compare it to the training plan. I am going to be modifying the beginner plan a bit and here's why:

1. I don't think the amount of mileage the plan calls for is going to agree with my body so I will most likely cut back some of the distance.

2. The beginner plan ramps up quickly when compared to the advanced, so I am going to increase the mileage a bit more linearly.

3. The beginner plan has 6 days running and one that is cross training/rest. I may drop to 5 as I have 2 days a week where I teach 2 classes and as much as I will try to hold intensity back, I may have to substitute one of the days out.

Week 1 according to plan: 16 km in 3 runs
What I did: 21.2km in 4 runs

I needed a bit of a cutback after the high mileage start to the month.

Me and my new foam roller. Yes, I really am that short!




No comments:

Post a Comment