Sunday, January 14, 2018

The strava challenge


As a challenge to myself I entered it. The goal is to achieve either 40km or 80km recorded via GPS in 14 days. Because my phone and Garmin are shit at getting signals indoors this meant that I would have to run outside. This is me stepping outside of my comfort zone because I love my treadmill!!

Anyway, I did it! I did the math at the beginning and figured that it was an average of 5.7km a day with an extra .2 somewhere. It was very doable the first week when the weather was nice, but I really had to dig deep when there was a cold snap in the second week. Several days of below -20C made it hard. But I wanted to
prove that I could do it . And I did.

1 comment:

  1. Hey IC. This inspires me: "But I wanted to
    prove that I could do it ." I need to find something like that for myself. Thanks, Spirit (aka Laura)

    ReplyDelete