Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 a look back

I have a lot to be grateful for this year.

1. My RA is well controlled. I managed the whole year without methotrexate or a major flare. This allowed me to gradually build my running mileage through the year and finish a 10k race and a half marathon. I listened to my body (for the most part) and rested when I needed to.

2. Being able to see Arkells and Marianas Trench live again. Both bands put on a good show and I am grateful that I have the means to get there and people to share it with.

3. Friends and family that care about me and love me for me. I know there are times where I am not the best person to be around but I am lucky to have unconditional love from them.

4. Finishing 5 courses towards my personal fitness trainer diploma, maintaining my 4.0 GPA and now only having 3 courses and 2 practicals to go and I will be finished next year. 

As most people do, there are areas that I could use some growth and maturity. I continue to let some people live rent free in my head and they don't deserve to, yet there they are. I need to kick them out. I need to be accepting that some relationships aren't going to be what I want and I should stop hoping that things will change. I could always be kinder to myself.

Overall it was a good year and I am happy to close this book and start a fresh one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment