Friday, December 22, 2017

Shit's real, yo.

Last week I saw the gastroenerologist.

A few month's a go I had a very bad run, bad enough that I finally called my doctor to talk about it. He ran some tests and discovered I have an intestinal parasite. I was actually away when they called me with the results, and when a doctor calls you on a Friday night, you know it's important. He also said he was putting a referral to a gastro just to be same and rule out any other autoimmune illnesses.

I started the antibiotics and then repeated the test and all was clear. Yay! I get a call from the gastro saying that I have an appointment. I need to repeat the tests for their office. No problem. I am a pro by now.

Turns out the parasite is still in my body so I am on a stronger antibiotic, tetracycline. I take it 4 times a day and it has to be on an empty stomach, so that means at the very least I am eating every 4 hours, taking it in the middle. Long story short. I'm hungry. I also set my alarm to take it before I am supposed to wake up for the day so I can have a morning coffee. I'm also tired.

However, my school classes are done and I don't teach until January 8, so lots of time for relaxing and destressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment