Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 15 summary

I realize that it has been a while since I last updated on a week by week basis. Last week's training is as follows:

pre injection            post injection
12 hours later           24 hours later
Monday - nothing as I got a cortisone injection in my left foot as the neuroma was causing pain. Now that it has been almost a week I think that it has taken effect although it is still bruised. It is nice to be able to walk barefoot without pain!

Tuesday - intevals 4 x 400m w/ 1:30rec, 4 x 800m w/ 3:00 rec,  4 x 400 w/1:30 rec.

Wednesday - easy 7km plus yoga, spin classes and strength class.

Thursday - easy 10km
Post race pace run

Friday - cut back long run. 15.3km

Post "long" run
Saturday - day off

                 Sunday - 10.7km with 9 km race pace. When this run was done I felt light headed and i could feel myself listing to the side. I don't know what the issue was. Maybe I was dehydrated or under fueled? I was putting off this run because the weather was cool and windy. However I ended up running a 2km loop in my neighbourhood,



I get to celebrate that another semester of my schooling is done. Only 3 more classes to go and I will have achieved my PFT diploma. In these classes I got As so I still maintain my 4.0 GPA which I am very proud of.

I am also deciding to drop the Arava. A while ago I ran out and took about a week because I didn't make the time to go pick up my prescription. During this time I was having great runs without the need to pit stop. I started taking it again and was having changes, and back to the pit stops! So I didn't take one yesterday or today and I didn't have to stop on my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment