Monday, April 23, 2018

Another week done

I had another good training week last week. I ran 58km last week in a combination of 6 x 800m intervals, 9km at race pace and a long run of 20km. My easy pace is faster outside than on the treadmill for the same perceived effort.

I have been dealing with 2 issues. The first in the patellofemoral syndrome in my left leg. I know it isn't anything more than that because it does go away about 20 minutes into my run. The second is that the balls of my feet get sore and my toes feel like they are being jabbed with a pin. I had a cortisone injection in my left foot today (6 hours later and my foot is still frozen) and I have one booked for my right foot on May 10. I am hoping that this will take care of that problem.

Other than that I am feeling really good about my running and I am getting more confident that I will have a successful half marathon as long as my body cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment