Sunday, May 13, 2018

One week to go

Happy girl after 20km in Vancouver.
 Again I am absolutely terrible at updating this blog. But important highlights are the following items.

I completed my last long run for the race May 4 in beautiful Vancouver, BC. I ran from my friends house to the seawall at the science center and then the seawall cutting through Stanley Park to Canada Place to total 20km. I have done 4 2h runs so aerobically I am ready for this race.
Finished the 8km in Vancouver

I registered at the beginning of the year for the BMO 8km in Vancouver wil full intention to incorporate it into my training. At the time I didn't know how I would approach it but I ended up racing my ass off and finishing 5/173 in my age group, 49/1691 in my gender and 200/2648 overall. This is the best result I have ever had. I also had a distance PB by over a minute, and this includes my pre RA diagnosis times. I was absolutely floored when I saw the 5th place finish. There have been times that I struggle with the race pace runs and I think "how am I ever going to do this on race day". The short answer is that I just will, because I just do. I held on when it hurt and I was crazy happy with the result.

Thumbs up for solid training

One week to go so I m relaxing post run
It took most of the week for my legs not to feel like lead weights but today's run was glorious. I happy 6km in the river valley, running the same spots where I did all those long runs.

The hay is in the barn. I just have to trust my training and not think that I have to do it all. I have a massage booked this week and the runs planned are all short. I am hopeful that my body (and the weather) are on my side in a week and I will have a great race and meet my time goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment