Saturday, November 25, 2017

Streak day three!

Today my oldest son had a soccer game so I spent that time running around the indoor track. I only had a couple of short walk breaks and was able to run for 8km. This track is unique in that it has an incline/decline. Have I bitched about it before? It's also 34 laps with 4 clockwise turns per lap. I was having some sore feet issues towards the end but stayed focused on the idea of running the entire soccer game.

Here's a washed put picture of me at the end of the run!


Before the 8km on the track I also did a mile on the treadmill and then another 1.5km at home to bring my daily total time to over 1:10. I want to be able to run over an hour every other week before I start my half marathon training. I was a bit tired after the track run, but felt like I could have run on the treadmill at least another 10 minutes or more. My body needs more recovery than it used to, so I have to be careful to build up my mileage slowly so I am able to get enough rest and recovery for the next one.







No comments:

Post a Comment