Thursday, November 16, 2017

Less is more

I had an appointment with my rheumatologist today. I am so happy and grateful to say that things are still well controlled and I don't have to see her again for another 6 month. Happy dance!

Why the title? Because she said that I can reduce my plaquenil to 100mg daily, rather than alternating 100mg and 200mg. At my next appointment in May then we will talk about reducing/eliminating the Arava. Being medication free is a goal of mine, and I am happy if I am well controlled on as little medication as possible.

At the end of September I finally made an appointment with my GP about the gut distress that I have while I'm running. Because I have been dealing with it for so long, it just because a new normal to me, but this run was easily the worst one I have ever had. Long story short I had an intestinal infection which was treated with 10 days of antibiotics. At this time I started taking a probiotic and that has been working wonderfully for me. Everything is now predictable and I have even been able to run without needing a stop (more often than not). At the follow up appointment I was tested again and now there is still a bacterial infection somewhere as I had bacteria in my urine. My GP said he wasn't convinced that it is a UTI since I have no other symptoms indicating as such, but I am to keep an eye on it. At this appointment he also brought up that my ferratin is very low <10, so I am to start taking supplements and I will follow up in a few months, but to do a monthly blood test to see if there is improvements.

So I have taken a picture of everything that I use to help me feel as best as I can. I have been using oils for about a year and I find they work well for spot muscle soreness and inflammation.


No comments:

Post a Comment