Thursday, November 23, 2017

Let's Get Streaking!

I am a part of the "Runners with Rheumatoid Arthritis" group on Facebook and there is a challenge to move a mile every day up to and including New Years Day. Given that I want to start training for a May half marathon in January, this is a safe way for me to increase my weekly mileage.

My current fitness schedule is the following:
Monday - group strength class and run
Tuesday - TRX exercise class
Wednesday - 2 x 30 min spin class
Thursday - 30 min spin class and run
Friday - rest
Saturday - longish run
Sunday - easy run

I will add the 1.6km to the 3 days that I don't normally run.

Today I ran the mile as a test around the indoor track. It is 6.8 laps and has an incline/decline on one side. It is a perfect square and easy to chunk up. I was able to complete it in 8:22 which was only a couple seconds slower than what I have done previously, although I don't think today had any repeatability. But, I have a good baseline and something to shoot for if I get the desire to try that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment