Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 11 Summary

Monday easy 10 km

Nothing. Not a damn thing. Too tired and I needed a break. The thought of running mentally exhausted me so I took a rest day.

Tuesday 6 x 1600m w/400m recovery
Did 4 of these instead of 6 and that was enough. I think the doubling of this intense workout would be too much for me. I have never done more than 4 miles worth of intervals for a half marathon before.


Wednesday rest or cross train
Taught my usual 2 spin classes but also did some strength for my back muscles and yoga in the evening.

Thursday 8km race pace
I was really wishy washy with this run. I ended up running 2km easy, then 2km race pace, 2km easy, 2 km race pace then 2 km easy. Half the race pace effort done and I think I was lucky to get that.

Friday easy 8 km
I felt ok enough so stuck to a recovery paced 9km run. I was starting to feel fresher.

Saturday 16km long run
I ran this as a progresson, starting at 6:31/km and increasing the speed by 0.1km/h every 2km finishing at 6:03. I felt strong and only started feeling tied in the last 3 km. I was paying attention to my heart rate and it stayed in the mid 150s for the last 5km, not really spiking at all. I felt very confident after this run.

Sunday easy 8km
Did this run at a recovery pace.

Even with ditching a run completly, I still covered 55km. This is a lot less than the 70km that the program calls for. I had a slow start to the week but finished strong.

I also payed attention to amounts of food that I eat and when I have a large supper I tend to have a good run. I also have been doing a lot of the runs after lunch because of my school commitments, and I find my energy is low in the afternoons. I am going to tr to get the runs done in the mornings, starting soon after the kids are sent off to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment