Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Shit's getting real


The splits
I tried the strength intervals yesterday.
They were hard.
This is one of the workouts that I will be modifying.
My splits are 2km at the faster than race pace with 500m active recovery. It was shorter than what was prescribed. When I am doing these workouts outside, I will change the recovery from distance to time and walk a bit more. I didn't feel fully recovered for the interval so they felt harder than they needed to. Hanson's is about cumulative fatigue so the recovery is supposed to be a jog, which I can't do right from the start.
How I felt after the run.
I want to feel confident with these workouts. The mileage from the easy running has built up a great aerobic base, and I know during a race, and most of the times outside, my mental is strong, so there will be no question on race day.
One positive from yesterday is that increasing the warmup was a good thing and I will do that from now on.

1 comment: