Friday, January 12, 2018

Winter running

 I am the first to admit that I would much rather run on my treadmill or the indoor track than run outside.
But then a carrot was presented to me: run either 40km or 80km  Jan 2-15 and track with the Strava app and possibly get a treat from Lululemon. Uh...have you seen my workout clothes drawer? It is 99% lulu, so of course I have to participate. I have run outside for all those days, even in the current cold snap of -20C and below. I have 4 days to run 22km to get my 80km achievement.










I can also say with 99% certainty that once this challenge is over I will be indoors on my treadmill until this coldsnap is over. And most likely until the weather is more Colleen friendly. To say I am enjoying the outdoor running right now is a bit of a stretch. I am proud that I have been committed to it (ahem, Lulu) but once I'm about 15 minutes in I am hot and sweaty and then 10 minutes from there I start getting chilled.
I've been running a 1km loop around my neighbourhood and I can still see my footpronts form 3 days ago because:
1. No one can be bothered to shovel their damn sidewalks and
2. No one else is stupid enough to be outside when it is that cold.

And soon that will be me.

Check me out on Instagram @collbel for all my running adventures


No comments:

Post a Comment