Saturday, August 4, 2012

Feeling broken

I had my first emotional breakdown today. I couldn't stop crying. My body hurts and I am tired. I think a lot of it is from yesterday's run and how physically and emotionally draining it was. That's how the past couple of weeks have been. I miss my family. I know they miss me.

I am so glad that I have one last long workout and then the cut back begins.

I am ready to be done training. I want to enjoy my morning coffee and not wonder how I am going to balace the day's workout, or what the strategy will be. I look forward to running to run, not to go a certain time. I look forward to swimming but spending more time in the hot tub.

I know what I am doing is working for me. I have had 2 excellent race experiences and I know that the majority of the work is done. I know that a couple of bad training experiences aren't going to break my race day, but I feel like they are trying to break me.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there, my dear! The start line is in sight!

    scrummy

    ReplyDelete