Monday, August 13, 2012

Even though...

I feel like I have been saying "I'm tired" a lot. But that is an accurate description. I am physically and mentally tired. I have shed more tears our of frustration and exhaustion these past few days than in the year before it. My body has finally reached maximum so I need to ease back and allow myself more rest.

My body knows that. My brain isn't quite there yet.

Even though I trudged through a run last week and spent 5 minutes sitting on the curb bawling my eyes out.
Even though I was fighting back tears trying to rationalize cutting my latest bike ride short.
Even though I am yawning from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed.

My body is practically screaming at me to rest. My brain is looking at it and shaking its finger.

I know listening to my body will win. I hate doing it. My brain hates being wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Your brain isn't wrong, it's just looking at things from a different point of view ;)

    You aren't weak because you are resting. You are strong because you care about your emotional and physical well-being.

    You are STRONG, you are an INSPIRATION, you are WONDERFUL and taking one or two or three days to sleep and restore your energy and well being will not take away from the hours of training you have done.

    Hang in there xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with Smiles. If you are saying "tired" a lot, it is something you really have to listen to. The races you've had thus far and the training success that you've experienced tell you that you can do this. Now, give your body and mind what they need to be set for the big day. You are amazing. You are a wonderful mother. You are fit and capable. Rest, reconnect with your family. You are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you have been saying "I'm tired" a lot. And you know it's time to rest. Also, I would have given you a hug if I had known you cried during your last run.

    I know you are going to be fabulous in 12 days. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete