Sunday, January 6, 2019

Week 1 Summary

It's fun to think I am officially training for the marathon now. Will I still think it is fun in 6 weeks? We'll see!
The new year brings the third annual Lululemon and Strava mileage challenge. The goal is to complete either 40km or 80km in a 14 day period for a badge on Strava and there is speculation that there will be a reward from Lululemon. And it is the latter that is getting me off the treadmill and outside.

Week 1 according to the HMM

Monday - rest or cross train
Tuesday - 3.2 km easy
Wednesday - rest or cross train
Thursday - 4.8 km easy
Friday - rest or cross train
Saturday - 4.8 km easy
Sunday - 6.4 km easy
Total - 19.2 km

My runs:

Monday - 8.2 km easy (track)
Tuesday - 8.2 km easy
Wednesday - 2.5 km easy
Thursday - 8.0 km easy
Friday - 7.3 km easy
Saturday - 9.8 km easy
Sunday - 1.6 km moderate
Total - 45.6 km

My mileage follows my plan of building up to 55km a week by the end of the month. All the effort was easy, except for Sunday when I had to literally dash to the store and back. I am very pleased with the start.

Next week will be a challenge because it is back to the routine of real life: teaching classes, training clients and working on online programs, and kid activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment