Friday, August 17, 2012

Mantra



This message is a few days early but it will be my mantra come race day. I'm posting it now in case I don't have time to do it later.

I have been thinking about the race a lot. I have prepared as best I could (I think) and I am ready to give it my all (probably). I admit I have a fear of failure. Not the failure that I am not going to finish, because unless there is something out of my control, I will. It's the failure that I wont have the best effort that my training and preparation has given me. That being said I have had some amazing races: a 3:08 90km bike split that includes transition time (which I am still a little WTF over) and a top half age group and gender finish at a different triathlon. But there is still a worry that I won't race my best. I have race goals in my head and a few know about them and I felt reassured by the "yeah I think you can do that" response I have received as opposed to the "are you sure that's not too aggressive" that I think myself sometimes. Either way, I will use my mantra to schieve my best.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up.
    You'll rock it.
    We are all cheering you on and here for you
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete